As we know, a laminated recurve bow gives a unique and royal look but making it is also hard and time-consuming. As we have to use many materials in this process, handling these materials is difficult for some time but don’t worry. Our new article will guide you about not only various lamination materials but also how to make a laminated recurve bow at your home within your budget.
So, get ready to make a fabulous laminated recurve bow and enjoy your hunting of whitetail deer, fallow deer, sika deer, or mule deer with adventure.
How to Make a Laminated Recurve Bow with Fiberglass lamination
You can make fiberglass lamination at home or buy fiberglass lamination from a shop. It’s up to you. To make a fiberglass laminated recurve bow, you need epoxy glue, c clamps, mold, an oven, woodcutters, and various saws.
Process of Making Fiberglass Laminated Recurve Bow
- Firstly, cut the riser and limbs of the bow with the help of a cutter. Cut the fiberglass limbs.
- Set the riser on the mold. You can make a mold of recurve bow at home or can buy one too. Put the limbs on both sides of the riser and attach them with the help of heated epoxy.
- Then, put heated epoxy on the wooden limbs and spread it on the limbs thoroughly. Now put it on fiberglass limbs.
- Tie all the parts with tape or a cloth strip.
- Cover it with the other part of the mold and use clamps to tie everything tightly. Put it inside the oven.
- Your recurve bow is ready when it is dry, and all the parts are attached. Now smooth the edges of the recurve bow.
- Make notches on the end of your recurve bow and attach a string with the help of a stringer, so your fiberglass laminated recurve bow is ready for deer hunting.
Process of Making Carbon fiber Lamination at Home
Making carbon fiber lamination at home is an exciting process, and I think you’ll really enjoy it.
- Firstly, take sheets of carbon fiber in a rectangular shape. The size of the sheet should be according to the recurve bow limb.
- Secondly, take a rectangular glass piece. Put one sheet of carbon fiber on the glass, spread epoxy on the sheet, and then cover it with the other sheet of carbon fiber. Repeat the same process.
- After that, cover it with another rectangular glass piece. Tie all the pieces with clamps. Clamps will help to hold all the parts securely in place.
- Leave it to dry. After some time, remove the glass. Now your carbon fiber lamination is ready. You can use this lamination on your recurve bow. The process is the same as fiberglass lamination.
How to Make Wooden Lamination
For wooden lamination, you can use different types, designs, and wood colors for your recurve bow.
Take 3 different colors and textures of wood. Use the same lamination process. You can also use square blocks of various colored wood and can make a riser.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a laminated recurve bow?
The laminated recurve bow is a bow in which we use many materials simultaneously. Sometimes different types of wood and sometimes fiberglass and carbon fiber with wood.
Is the oven essential to make a laminated recurve bow?
If you have no oven, then it is fine too. The oven just helps to dry and attach all the parts quickly.
Is the mold essential to make a laminated recurve bow?
If you are a beginner, mold will help you make a laminated recurve bow.
From where can we buy all the materials for the laminated recurve bow?
All the materials are easily available at any hardware shop. The mold and oven you can make at home easily according to your demand.
In the end, it is fun and cheap to make a laminated recurve bow at home, but at the same time, it is also a time-consuming method. So, make up your mind before starting it, as it may take a lot of time.